1. I am committed to representation. I pledge to consider representation on my own website and social media as well as my clients' websites, intentionally showcasing diverse couples. I strive to use diverse and inclusive placeholder images in my website templates.
2. I will not work with clients or businesses whose platforms encourage or practice racism in any way, shape, or form. That means I will not design websites for plantation wedding venues or other businesses whose platforms are disrespectful to Black or other BIPOC individuals.
3. As I add to my team and outsource business functions, I will actively seek to hire Black individuals and purchase products from Black-owned businesses.
4. I commit to accountability. When called to do better, I will not be defensive. I will apologize with empathy and then commit to action. I will also hold others accountable. I will not appear on podcasts or speak at events that do not commit to and practice diversity and inclusion. I will call out racism where I see it and hear it.
5. I commit to educating myself about systemic racism and sharing what I learn with my audience. I will continue to use my platform to #amplifymelanatedvoices.
Please note this commitment is a living document and may change and grow as I continue to learn more about how I can practice anti-racism in my business. I welcome any feedback and am always here to listen with an open mind.
Thank you to the following individuals whose words and ideas gave me new perspective and helped me write this commitment. Please visit their websites, follow them on social media, and purchase their services and products: